How do I recover from tendonitis and get the painful symptoms under control?

Dr. Jake Heiney
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Rest and meds

Rest and anti-inflammatory medications are the mainstay of tendinitis treatment.
However, there are other things your doctor can do as well as make sure the diagnosis is correct. I recommend seeing an orthopedic surgeon.

In brief: Rest and meds

Dr. Jake Heiney
Dr. Jake Heiney
Dr. Amir Khan
Sports Medicine

In brief: Tendinitis

Tendinitis is generally referred to inflammation or irritation of a tendon which is a thick fibrous cords that attaches muscle to bone.
Tendinitis causes pain and tenderness that can affect the use of the adjacent joint. Treatment goals include relieving pain and reducing inflammation with use of splints, therapy, rest, ice and over-the-counter pain & antiinflammatory meds and rarely surgery.

In brief: Tendinitis

Dr. Amir Khan
Dr. Amir Khan