How can I recover quickly from aches and pains after playing sport?

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

In brief: Plan ahead

The night before hydration and rest.
I'm sure you realize as you get older the recovery period takes longer than when you were younger. Plan ahead and hydrate before and after. Depending on where these aches and pains come from, you may need bracing or strapping to prevent injury . Hope this helps.

In brief: Plan ahead

The night before hydration and rest.
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Vishal Shah
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Training, Ice, Meds

The simple answer is that with regular, repeated exercise activity, the aches and pains after exercise should gradually be less frequent and shorter-lived.
Icing down affected body parts after exercise can also minimize inflammation and hasten recovery. Medications such as anti-inflammatories can also help, but you should consult your physician and read product labels carefully before trying meds.

In brief: Training, Ice, Meds

Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Vishal Shah
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine