What is the most important macronutrient to consume when over-trained?

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Sports Medicine

In brief: Refer to answer

In general it is customary to give carbohydrates.
I personally do not agree with this. Tendency of bad sugars is to cause you to crave for more, because your body is unable to use them readily. I believe in a balanced, natural diet and nothing else, because body needs them all, protein , sugar and fat.

In brief: Refer to answer

Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. John Kayvanfar
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Complex answer

Not sure what you mean by "overtrained".
First issue is to control training schedule. Nutrition around workouts usually must consist of a protein component and some type of carb to allow muscle absorption of macronutrients.

In brief: Complex answer

Dr. Audie Rolnick
Dr. Audie Rolnick
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine