How do you get rid of persistent leg cramps?

Don't forget veins. Venous insufficiency and varicose veins is a very common cause of leg cramps. If you have trouble with leg cramps and have veins you can see in your legs, i would recommend seeing a phlebologist (vein specialist).
Leg cramps. Depends on the cause of the leg cramps. Sometimes the cramps are due to vitamin and mineral deficiencies or diet deficiences. At other times they can be caused by various illnesses and conditions of the body. It is important to get regular examinations with your physician to determine the cause and then institute proper treatment.