If i'm a heroin addict (snorting) and i was just diagnosed with acute asthma and my doctor out me on prednisone 20 mg twice daily for five days can this harm me... I did two lines of dope today.. And have taken one prednisone pill. Please help me as i'm

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Steroids for asthma

...Are very unlikely to do you any harm, especially at that dose and for short period of time.
You need to get help for the heroin habit, which is harmful with or without steroids. Stop killing yourself, and get help. Your asthma needs to be controlled, but your heroin habit is a greater threat to your survival.

In brief: Steroids for asthma

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not the prednisone

Prednisone is relatively safe to use for short duration.
The danger of Prednisone is too much, too often, too long a time. It doesn't sound like you are in this category. The heroin on the other hand is a one way ticket to destruction of yourself and those around you. Get help. You made a mistake getting addicted. Stop blaming yourself. Get help on your side to slay the addiction monster.

In brief: Not the prednisone

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Jonathan Jassey