I'm 34 weeks pregnant and am measuring 38cm when they did the fundo-symphysis measurement. Why do I have to have a scan?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Size > Dates
When the uterus is measuring larger or smaller than expected on an exam the next step is an ultrasound.
The ultrasound can measure the size of the baby to confirm normal growth. It also measures the level of the amniotic fluid to make sure it is not too high (polyhydramnios) or too low (oligohydramnios.).

In brief: Size > Dates
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: What did they tell u
? Because u measure too large and u and the doc need to know if the baby is running large for dates- may end up being too large to labor or may want to get induced at 39-40 weeks if it is running large to have chance for a vag delivery and need to make sure u are not getting polyhydramnios which needs to be monitored, the more everyone knows the better!

In brief: What did they tell u
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Jane Van Dis