What can I do to start regaining muscle right after my cast is removed?

Dr. Cassandra Lee
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Therapy
Ask your doctor how much you are allowed to do immediately after a cast is removed - bone may still be healing.
Start with range of motion/stretching exercises. As you start regaining your normal motion, you then can start specific strengthening. As you use your limb more, the muscle strength/bulk will return over time.

In brief: Therapy
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Dr. Cassandra Lee
Dr. Richard Perlman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Rehab
Ask the doctor who had the cast removed.
Rehab is determined by the type of injury, the treatment you had received and by your remaining problem. It is possible that range of motion is more important than muscle bulk at this stage, and the treatments are different.

In brief: Rehab
Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. Richard Perlman
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine