I'm 27 wks. My midwife heard the heartbeat with a doppler monitor at bottom and top of bump. Could this be twins?

In brief: OB US will help
It can be easily diagnosed with the obstetrical ultrasound.
I would encourage you to do so.

In brief: OB US will help
I would encourage you to do so.
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Craig Keathley
In brief: Possible
The doppler can pick up the single heartbeat of a singleton pregnancy from different locations on the abdomen depending on the angle that the doppler probe is held.
Consider a table in the center of a dark room. You could find that table with a flashlight from different sides of the room by changing the direction of the light beam. If twins are suspected, a sonogram can confirm the # of babies.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Craig Keathley
Dr. Jane Van Dis