Should I stop playing if my Achilles hurts after volleyball but usually recovers in a day?

Dr. Robert Mihalich
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle
In brief: Not necessarIly
You can continue playing, but i would recommend working with a physical therapist to treat you while you continue to play.

In brief: Not necessarIly
Dr. Robert Mihalich
Dr. Robert Mihalich
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Seek MD evaluation
A thorough medical evaluation and exam will assess whether or not your achilles tendon is at risk for a frank tear versus a bothersome tendinitis or tendinosis.
All three conditions may warrant a period of rest and even immobilization (splint or removeable boot). Xrays will likely be obtained and even an MRI to best assess the status of the tendon and surrounding soft tissue.

In brief: Seek MD evaluation
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry
In brief: Good idea
Then see a doc who can evaluate why this is occurring to you and what can be done to prevent it.
I.E achilles tendon stretching etc... Incidentally - do you stretch before? After you play? Or do you just go and play? Stretching is very important.

In brief: Good idea
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine