How long must you wait until you can play sports again after swine flu?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: No fever.
One hard and fast rule i like to tell patients is to not play sports when you have a fever.
That being said, there's no mandatory waiting period for sports after having the flu, but if you're still feeling fatigued, don't have the same energy - you can expect that you won't perform as well... Your reflexes won't be the same and you'll be prone to injuries.

In brief: No fever.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Eran Kessous
Sports Medicine
In brief: As long as you need
You have to feel absolutely recovered after an illness like this.
I would say when you have none of the symptoms associated with your illness and you feel healthy again, it is safe to gradually return.

In brief: As long as you need
Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine