Should I do calf raises to help recover from my Achilles injury?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Yes helps Achilles

Stand on the edge of a step and lower the heels down slowly, both at the same time.
Place the emphasis on the downward phase. Reverse the movement and rise up onto your tip toes. You can adjust the pressure on the injured leg by taking most of your weight on the good leg. Repeat this exercise as many times as is comfortable.Do not over-do it, apply cold therapy to achilles after exercise.

In brief: Yes helps Achilles

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown

In brief: Streching

Very controlled may be better.

In brief: Streching

Very controlled may be better.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It all depends on

What the actual injury was, how severe and whether or not the doctor wants you to start excercising yet - you really must check with the treating physician.

In brief: It all depends on

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine