What is deep vein thrombosis and how do you get rid of it?

Blood clot . Dvt is blood clot in the deep venous system located within the muscles of the extremities. Treatment can be watchful waiting (tibial vein clot, gastroc muscle plexus), to anticoagulation with heparin/coumadin, and thrombolysis (clot buster) in iliac, femoral veins. Compression hose is applied immediately. These clots can break off and go to the lungs, pulmonary embolus.
Clot in deep vein. Deep venous thrombosis or DVT is a blood clot in one of the deep veins of the legs. The deep vein system lies in the center of the leg in between the major muscles. It connects with the large return vein in the pelvis (vena cava) which drains into the right heart. This leads to the lungs. Thus these clots can lodge in the lungs and be life threatening. Dvt is initially treated by blood thinners.