I'm 5'8 140 lbs and have a goal weight of 125 lbs. Can I lose more weight with a low fat diet or a low carb diet?

Low Carb. Low carb dies have proven to shed more body fat than low carb in every well designed study so far.
Depends. Some people do better on low carb, others on low fat. Those with more belly weight need low carb. Those with weight all over may need low fat. Everyone must avoid processed carbs and sugars as these spike your Insulin and help weight gain. Good fats are olive oil and coconut oil.