What can I do to help a stress fracture without going to the doctor?

Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine
In brief: Stress Fracture
Not all stress fractures are the same.
I would recommend going to the doctor for evaluation that would include a detailed history as well as imaging studies. Stress fractures notoriously take a long time to heal depending on severity, location, chronicity. Some will not heal on their own, some will require surgery. Most importantly, determining the cause is essential to prevent recurrence.

In brief: Stress Fracture
Not all stress fractures are the same.
Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Eran Kessous
Sports Medicine
In brief: It depends
If you know that your bone is fractured, you should see a doctor! if it is in the realm of a stress reaction, you may be able to heal with rest, but listen to your body and pay attention to pain.
If pain does not get consistently better, go see your doctor.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine