What scans are commonly used to diagnose a forearm muscle injury?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: MRI and X-rays

If advanced imaging is recommended for a soft tissue injury to the forearm that may involve muscle, the most common modality is an mri.

In brief: MRI and X-rays

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology

In brief: Hmmm complicated

Well this is always a problem..
. Is your injury related to your neck, brachial plexus, shoulder or your foreman. Sometimes you have to evaluate all of these to find out. I have heard of many patients who simply did not get good care because their doctor simply took an xray of their forearm. That is insufficient. Make sure you ask questions.

In brief: Hmmm complicated

Well this is always a problem..
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine