Is it safe to drink alcohol with an injury?

Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: No

Alcohol might alter your perception and makes you not pay attention to your body signals - so be cautious and discuss with your doctor regarding the amount and what to watch out for.

In brief: No

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: How much, what kind

As I am now fond of saying, it seems to me that when people are asking about drinking alcohol, they are probably not asking about drinking safe amounts, but rather amounts that get you drunk.
What kind of injury, and how did you get it? Was alcohol involved? If so, i think you have a problem. If not, worrying about when you can drink still concerns me that there is a problem.

In brief: How much, what kind

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine