When I move my left shoulder, my left pectoral muscle hurts. Is it probably okay for me wait and see what happens?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Yes, probably OK

Pain in your pectoralis muscle with shoulder motion is most likely from a strain from recent overuse of that muscle ( lifting, bench press, chest flies, etc.
). Mild strains should resolve spontaneously with time for rest and muscle recuperation. The pain should generally reduce gradually but steadily in a couple days. Once full painfree motion returns, it is safe to resume normal activities.

In brief: Yes, probably OK

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Eran Kessous
Sports Medicine

If you lifted somethin heavy or strained your shoulder, it is probably ok to wait few days and see if it gets better.

Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Eran Kessous
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine