Can a rotator cuff injury cause tingling in my arm and wrist?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Could be from neck
I see many patients with rotator cuff tears that also have numbness, tingling, and even weakness below the shoulder into the arm, forearm, and wrist/hand.
The neurological symptoms below the shoulder notoriously arise from an ongoing neck problem such as a pinched nerve within the cervical spine.

In brief: Could be from neck
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Cuff pain
Classicl symptoms associated with a rotator cuff injury include us deltoid pain referred into the upper arm. Pain worsens with reaching and lifting, and frequently patiemtsncomplainmof worsening pain at night.
Tingling and/or numbness is associated with nerve compression, which can occur in the neck or the arm.

In brief: Cuff pain
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Dr. Shawn Hennigan
Dr. Eric Weisman