What muscles are injured in shin splints?

Anterior tibialis. Shin splints are a generic term for pain on the anterior (front) part of the shin. The muscles in this area are the anterior tibialis muscles. Shin splint pain can be caused by strain, inflammation or even a tear of this muscle and related tendons. See your doctor if this pain persists.
None. Shin splints are stress injury to the tibia bone and surrounding sheath like structure (periosteum), not to the muscle. The gastroc-soleus complex (calf muscles) are known to be a partial cause of this but they are not get injured in the process.