Do I need to get nuchal translucency screening?

Dr. Alan Patterson

In brief: It is highly recomme

Recommended as it is the standard of care ! it will help identify that your fetus has no problems and you will also need a fetal anatomy scan at 20 weeks to make sure everything is ok , I am sure it will be , but if it is not then you have options and your OB can better manage you either way.

In brief: It is highly recomme

Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Caren Reaves

In brief: No

You don't need it, but it is offered to parents if they wish to test for certain abnormalities.
The guiding principle is how would the results help you? Would you change the outcome of your pregnancy? Would you use the info to research and prepare? Would the info simply scare you and cause excessive worry? If the results would not be beneficial to you, then you may not want to test.

In brief: No

Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Caren Reaves
Dr. Jane Van Dis