What physical therapy exercises are appropriate for weak knees?

Quadriceps strength. Weak knees usually refer to weak quadriceps. Simple straight leg raises and wall sits are great exercises you can do under he supervision of a therapist as well as on your own between therapy visits. Stationary bikes, swimming, short arc squats, leg extension against resistance are all additional exercises often used to strengthen the quadriceps.
Depends. It is difficult to answer which exercises are appropriate for weak knees as it depends on muscle imbalances in one's pelvis and leg. We would recommend an evaluation by a physical therapist to determine the specific muscle weakness that are contributing to your "weak knees". Looking at the entire kinetic chain is most important in determining your specific exercise program.