Will I need physical therapy for a hairline fracture?

Dr. James Chen
Sports Medicine
In brief: Probably Not
In the setting of fracture care physical therapy is generally used to increase range of motion, strengthen muscles, and accelerate return to activities.
Most patients have some sort of immobilization during fracture healing and after the fracture is healed need some transition to full pre-fracture activity. However, many patients can do exercises at home and do not need formal physical therapy.

In brief: Probably Not
Dr. James Chen
Dr. James Chen
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Not usually
I would not think that this would generally require pt however it is best to talk to the doctor who is treating you.

In brief: Not usually
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine