Is pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) good for food posioning?

It's controversial. . It used to be thought it was better to let your system 'cleanse itself ' without medication, but studies have shown this to not be true. Pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) can help decrease vomiting, diarrhea, & cramping in some. Please take only as directed & avoid if you are allergic to aspirin. Stay hydrated! simple 'food poisoning' should resolve within 24-48 hrs. If not better by then, or bleeding, see a doc.