What should I expect during physical therapy for a kneecap dislocation?

Quad strengthening. Kneecap (patella) dislocations are common knee injuries. Once the reduction is obtained, the goal of therapy (and bracing) is to prevent recurrence. Balanced quadriceps muscle strengthening exercises are stressed to help dynamically stabilize the patella. The injured structures about the inside of the patella should heal with appropriate time, therapy and usually bracing.
See below. You may be put in a brace to keep the kneecap tracking properly, you will be given strengthening exercises to work on the appropriate muscles that keep the kneecap in the groove and "tracking correctly. You will stretch muscles that seem to be too tight and contributing to the problem and strengthen muscles that are week. As you improve you will progress to more challenging exercises.