How effective is physical therapy in helping relieve dizziness?

Unpredictable. Dizziness is very common. If the drs thing that it ones fron the inner ear there are specific movements of the head that can accommodate the crystals of the inner ear removing the vertigo. Most dizzy pts that are above 65 have sensorial degenerative ataxia which has no treatment. If pt takes blood pressure medicines orthostasis is very common. Make sure pt has no heart arrhythmias or stroke.
Need specialized PT. Physical therapy can help dizziness if it's due to certain causes. For vertigo, there are maneuvers that a specialized therapist can do to retrain the inner ear to sense the head's position in space. If it is due to low blood pressure when standing, some exercises can stimulate veins in legs to more briskly return blood to the heart when upright. Both require specialized centers, not generic pt.