How can I strengthen the ligaments in my knee after arthroscopic surgery?

Dr. Kevin Stone
Sports Medicine
In brief: Strength training
Increasing the strength of your lower extremity muscles including your glutes, quads, and hamstrings, will provide stability to the knee to following an arthroscopic surgery.
We also believe building a solid foundation through your trunk muscles is essential for knee stability with functional activities, sport, and exercise. Squats, dead lifts, lunges, leg press, and planks are ideal exercises.

In brief: Strength training
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Kevin Stone
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Arthroscopic Surgery
Is used for many reasons.
If you simply had a knee scope and menisectomy you should focus on quad strengthening exercises like leg lifts and straight leg raises. If you are concerned otherwise either ask your doc or ask to be referred to a physical therapist.

In brief: Arthroscopic Surgery
Is used for many reasons.
Dr. Bradley Butkovich
Dr. Bradley Butkovich