Can a knee injury lead to blood clots?

Yes. Especially if there is a lot of swelling associated with your injury, and if the swelling spreads into the lower leg.
Several kinds. A knee injury can certainly cause a DVT (clot) but just as importantly, a knee dislocation can injure your popliteal artery behind your knee with devastating consequences -- all knee injuries need a complete vascular exam of the affected leg.
Yes- prevention best. Knee injury and knee surgery can lead to blood clots. Trauma to the extremity, whether from injury or surgery, is the real culprit. Some patients have other risks factors that allow clots to form easier. So it is important to thoroughly discuss with your treating physician the presence of any potantial risk factors that may worsen your risk for getting a blood clot.
Yes. Injury, immobility, clotting abnormality-coagulopathy are the sentinel virchows triad related to thrombosis.