What are the treatment options for malignant melanoma cancer?

Many. The treatment for melanoma involves removing the primary site with a margin depending on the depth of the melanoma. In addition for high risk lesion a sentinel lymph node biopsy is performed. If these lymph node contains melanoma the remainder of the lymph nodes are removed from that basin. Treatment for distant disease can involve surgery, chemotherapy and or immunotherapy.
Primarily surgery. Melanoma is primarily a surgical disease. Early stage tumors can be cured with surgical excision. More advanced tumors may require additional treatments, which may include chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or radiation.