What sort of activities should I avoid if I have an old ankle ligament injury?

Dr. Vic Kalman
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Avoid uneven surface
Most ankle sprains occur when the foot rolls inward affecting the outside ligaments.
Ice, elevate and compression with acute injuries. Supportive brace until healing. Restoration of range of motion, strength and proprioception (balance) is key to prevention of injury. I would emphasize one leg balance and increase time until you can do it for one minute. Advanced activity stand on foam pillow.

In brief: Avoid uneven surface
Dr. Vic Kalman
Dr. Vic Kalman
In brief: None
If it was treated and healed properly you should not have to avoid any exercises.
You may want to consider using an ankle brace for protection.

In brief: None
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine