I seem to sweat much more than most people when I exercise. Is there a medical explanation for this?

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dermatology

In brief: Excessive sweating

If you're sweating more than normal with exercise, you may be "out of shape" and when you've been exercising the body is trying to regulate the core temperature of your body.
If this is not the situation for you then maybe your thyroid is out of balance. It may, however, be normal for you if this has been since you've young.

In brief: Excessive sweating

Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Ronald Shelton
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Hyperhidrosis Sweat

Hyperhidrosis (or excess sweating) is more common than you'd think! antiperspirants are the simple answer, but often won't work with true hyperhidrosis.
I have had success treating patients underarms, hands, feet, forehead, and scalp with botox. Botox is fda approved for sweating and is very safe and effective. Botox typically lasts for 6 months when used for excess sweating. Hope this helps!

In brief: Hyperhidrosis Sweat

Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Jeffrey Pollard
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine