Which is the best antibacterial oral rinse available over the counter?

Dr. Jeffrey Yost
Dentistry

In brief: OTC Mouthrinses

It depends what you are trying to prevent.
If you want to prevent cavities, use act Fluoride rinse. If you want to prevent gingivitis (bleeding gums), use listerine. If you want to prevent gingivitis and have dry mouth, use crest prohealth. (it does not have the alcohol that listerine does which can make dry mouth worse.).

In brief: OTC Mouthrinses

Dr. Jeffrey Yost
Dr. Jeffrey Yost
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: Listerine

I really like using listerine once a day because it makes my mouth feel clean and fresh.
It also is very good for treating gingivitis or gum disease. Crest prohealth is also a good one. Be sure to brush and floss daily in addition to using the oral rinse.

In brief: Listerine

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck

In brief: You should not need

The correct and best way to attend to your oral health is to maintain proper daily oral hygiene and visit your dentist periodically for an examination and dental cleaning.
Mouth washes are temporary and useless unless you do follow the given advise. Some medicated rinses are helpful but most of the time give you the wrong impression that its the cure or the solution.

In brief: You should not need

Dr. Oswald Cameron-Morales
Dr. Oswald Cameron-Morales
Dr. William Forsythe