My dr gave me lisinipril and atenonol to take together is this safe or will ot make blood pressure to low?

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Your doc knows best.

In general - goal for treated BP should be around 130/80.
Oftentimes takes more than one medication and if BP is > 160/90 it is likely you will require two agents right out of the gate. Lisinopril and atenolol are a fine combination. If it makes BP too low you will find that you are lightheaded when standing quickly. BP of 90/60 and symptoms should prompt review of your medications.

In brief: Your doc knows best.

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Probably OK.

Generally, too low is when BP is <90/60 and you have symptoms.
The body has a lot of mechanisms for keeping BP up and although anything is possible it seems unlikely that you would be given a combo of two meds without having significant hypertension - maybe 150+. Measure your BP and see if it is too low.

In brief: Probably OK.

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology