Is it normal for my vision to be blurry when I wear contacts?

Dr. Clement Cheng
Ophthalmology

In brief: No

Contact lenses are one method to correct the refractive error in your visual system (eyes) so that you can see more clearly.
If your best corrected vision becomes more blurry with contacts then there is an issue. This is usually due to the wrong prescription, poor fit of the contacts, dry eyes, or intolerance to contacts. The best course of action is to have your eyes examined and vision tested.

In brief: No

Dr. Clement Cheng
Dr. Clement Cheng
Dr. Yale Kanter
Ophthalmology

In brief: Contact lenses

Normally your vision should be corrected to normal with contact lenses, and if it is blurred, and the contacts are fitted properly and are clean, and your vision is normal with your glasses, you may have astigmatism that the type of contact that you are using does not correct.
There are ways of determining this.

In brief: Contact lenses

There are ways of determining this.
Dr. Yale Kanter
Dr. Yale Kanter
Dr. William Forsythe