Is there a special contact lens that I can wear at night to correct my vision in the morning without contacts?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Contact lenses

There is a special contact lens that re-shape the eye to a certain extent while you sleep.
However, there are certain risks, such as a substantial risk of infection. Also, the results may vary quite a bit from person to person. Alternatives to contact lenses include glasses and refractive surgery.

In brief: Contact lenses

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Extended wear

Certain contacts are fda-approved for overnight wear. With these lenses, your vision should be clear when you wake up.
There is a higher risk of infection with extended wear though. If you want clear vision in thd morning and want to avoid this risk of infection, you should consider being evaluated for laser vision correction. See your lasik corneal surgeon for an evaluation.

In brief: Extended wear

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

Orthokeratology. Typically for lower prescriptions.
This is not a permanent procedure so the effect wears off. Sleeping with any contact lens has risks of infections. Be sure to discuss the risks and benefits of this method with your doctor.

Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

I would avoid such device.
Not only are you increasing your risk of keratitis, which can lead to blindness, you are changing the anatomy of the eye by mechanical force, for a few hours.. Vision is too precious. I know zero eye physicians or eye surgeons who advocate this treatment. The only people who I have seen recommend this is non-physicians and non-surgeons. Consult an eye physician.

I would avoid such device.
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Arnon Rubin