How long does it take for mouth cancer to develop from chewing tobacco?

In brief: It varies wildly

Chewing tobacco induces cancer by direct contact & by dissolving cancer producing chemicals in the saliva that pools in the floor of the mouth under the tongue.
There are high school kids who develop cancer in a few years while others develop more slowly. Chewing tobacco has many other harmful effects of periodontal bone loss, gum infections, increased decay, poor wound healing, nicotine addiction.

In brief: It varies wildly

Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: It varies

Some people use chewing tobacco and never develop cancer.
In others it can happen quickly. It probably is an interplay between the cancer-causing chemicals in tobacco and genetics. My advice is stop using tobacco. It's like chewing on toxic waste.

In brief: It varies

Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Daniel Sampson
Dr. Adam Smith