How long does bleeding last after wisdom tooth extraction?

A day or so. Heavy bleeding should subside right away. Some oozing can occur for a day or two. If you are having heavy bleeding, you may wish to place a tea bag (lipton black tea) on the socket. The tannic acid will help control the bleeding. If it does not subside, see your oral surgeon.
Up to 24 hours. You should not bleed profusely at all. Oozing can last up to 24 hours. Pressure is the best way to stop bleeding. In the mouth, place a moistened teabag on the site and close for 30 min without letting up. The pressure over 30 minutes, plus the tannic acid in the tea will promote coagulation.
Less than 24 hours. Bleeding in a healthy individual who does not have any bleeding disorders and is not on any blood-thinning medication should not persist for more than 24 hours after a wisdom tooth extraction. It likely will largely stop after 3-4 hours. Any dentist or surgeon would want to see a patient for a follow-up immediately if bleeding persisted for more than 24-hours.
Can Vary. So much in dental treatment depends on the patient, their pain tolerance as well as the type of extraction, ie; bony, or ankylosed. A surgeon's skill, touch & the way they do a surgery. Great hands with a patient who follows all of the home care directions can lead to a very positive result with very little pain. With all the variables, pain could be minimal or could last weeks. Meds can help.