How does connective tissue disease with lupus factor affect the eyes?

In several ways! Lupus can be associated with dry-eye syndrome, typically more severe in sjogren's syndrome. Very severe lupus can causes optic neuritis, but this is quite rare. The most common problem with the eye in lupus patients is the development of cataracts from treatment with steroids, one of many reasons doses should be kept low. Plaquenyl eye toxicity is nill, by using less than 6 mg/kg of body weight.
Sometimes. An inflammation of the eyes (episcleritis can occur in lupus. Also some patients may have dry eyes from a secondary sjogren's syndrome. In rare cases, severe eye involvement such as retinal vasculitis can bvery rarely occur.