Chemotherapy hormone receptor positive node breast cancer?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: D/W oncologist

Treatment will depend not only the stage but also the biology of the cancer- whether it is estrogen positive, her2neu positive, whether it is lymph node positive or not.
Also depends on your preference and overall health condition. Different test like oncotype dx, mammaprint can give you more info-re- recurrence risk of cancer and will be helpful in choosing the right therapy for you.D/w your md.

In brief: D/W oncologist

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Not necessarily.

Most (younger) women with lymph node (+) disease will benefit from traditional chemotherapy.
However, the molecular biology of a breast cancer is probably more pertinent than the anatomic staging. Therefore, women w/estrogen (+), her2/neu(-) cancer and microscopic lymph node involvement will have an oncotype-dx test; if the recurrence score is low, traditional chemotherapy may be omitted.

In brief: Not necessarily.

Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: ?

I am sorry, I am not sure what you are asking.
Could you rephrase the question so that i might be able to help you?

In brief: ?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Steven Seres