I have really bad taste in my mouth following dental work two days ago. Had a cavity under a crown. Now have temporary crown. ?

Dr. TED FEDER
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Bacteria/Debris

The bad taste could be from the temporary crown (acrylic), food trapping, remaining decay, or an infected tooth.
Any pain?

In brief: Bacteria/Debris

Any pain?
Dr. TED FEDER
Dr. TED FEDER
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: Probably cement

If it tastes "mediciney" then it is probably the cement used to hold the temporary crown in place.
Might also be the medication used to control bleeding, or tissue if laser used. It may go away in another few days. If not, then see your dentist.

In brief: Probably cement

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: Dental crown

Best to visit your dentist to investigate the source.

In brief: Dental crown

Dr. Ahmad Eslami
Dr. Ahmad Eslami

In brief: Bad taste

It's prob the temp cement or the temp material for the crown.

In brief: Bad taste

Dr. Peter Tsambazis
Dr. Peter Tsambazis
Dr. James Merrett
Dentistry

In brief: Bad taste

You have a temporary in your mouth.
Sometimes the temporaries are not completely sealed and you can get saliva underneath it washing out bacteria. That could be causing the bad taste. I would not worry about this unless you are going to be in the temp. For significant amount of time. This should go away after you have the permanent restoration put on.

In brief: Bad taste

You have a temporary in your mouth.
Dr. James Merrett
Dr. James Merrett
Dr. Steven Seres