Should a diaphragmatic hernia be operated on my doctor said it is causing my acid relux but doe s not need surgery because it was very small.?

Dr. Ly Phan
Surgery

In brief: Should

If you have diaphragmatic hernia, it should be repair to prevent to prevent abdominal content to get stuck over the disphragm. On the other hand, if you have a small hiatal hernia then it is not urgent unless ur acid reflux is worsen.
Two different problem.

In brief: Should

Two different problem.
Dr. Troy Reyna
Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: Depends

How bad is your reflux? If it is bad and affects your life style or fails to respond to medical management then you may consider addressing it.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jonathan Jassey