My eye dr told me I have macular drusen in right eye but isn't concerned. I am 32 yrs old...Should i worry?

Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Ophthalmology - Retinal Surgery

In brief: Too young

Too young for drusen in the classic sense (macular-degeneration).
Get another opinion from a retina specialist and have your family members examined as well.

In brief: Too young

Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Dr. Richard Scartozzi
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Long term risk

Macular drusen usually occur in both eyes and shows a strongly inherited pattern.
As time passes and the drusen either enlarge or become confluent, then sometimes the vision is affected. This would be rare in a 32 year old; the inheritance pattern is well described. You should have them looked at about every 2-3 years for a while.

In brief: Long term risk

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Vicken Poochikian