Is it okay if you blink your eyes during lasik eye surgery?

Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology
In brief: U wont be able to
During lasik surgery your surgeon will place a lid speculum in your eye which will prevent you from blinking.
Usually you are given numbing eye drops so you wont feel anything other than some mild pressure. I tell my lasik pts that their only job during lasik is to relax and follow the light.

In brief: U wont be able to
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology
Lasik surgeons place a speculum to keep eyelids open.
In addition the eye tracking capabilities of the lasik machine can do lasik correctly even if you move your eye a few microns. Review this website and the fda website before you consider lasik. http://www.geteyesmart.org/eyesmart/glasses-contacts-lasik/index.cfm.

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: Not an issue
During the portions of the procedure when you can not blink, a lid speculum is used which prevents eyelid blinking.

In brief: Not an issue
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
Normal blinking is not a problem. A special lid holder is placed to keep the lids from closing all the way, even though you may feel like you blinked normally.
Avoid squeezing tightly.

Avoid squeezing tightly.
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Federico Mattioli
Dr. Jack Hinkle