How do I take care of myself after getting lasik eye surgery?

Dr. Richard Rosen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Avoid eye rubbing
Your doctor will provide the regimen his professional experience has indicated.
Most important after surgery you want to avoid trauma for the eye and get evaluated at the first signs of irritation which may indicate possible infection.

In brief: Avoid eye rubbing
Dr. Richard Rosen
Dr. Richard Rosen
Dr. Dean Dornic
Rubbing the eyes or squeezing your eyes tightly can potentially displace or wrinkle the LASIK flap soon after surgery. Other important care instructions include using antibiotic drops and avoiding contaminated water (swimming pools, lakes, hot tubs etc) soon after surgery. We also advise against eye makeup for the first week after surgery.
Dr. David Sachs
Ophthalmology
In brief: Speak to you surgeon
You should speak to your lasik surgeon but typically your limitations are fairly minimal.
Usually we tell pts to not rub their eye, wear eye shields at night, and no swimming or gardening for about a week.

In brief: Speak to you surgeon
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. David Sachs
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery
In brief: LASIK postop
Take it easy, use your drops, no eye rubbing, wear eye shield.

In brief: LASIK postop
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: No eye rubbing
The lasik flap needs time to heal in place after surgery so you need to be careful.
Eye makeup, swimming, hot tub use, could lead to infections. Most importantly, continue to get regular checkups and dilated eye exams, because your retina still has the same nearsighted risks as before surgery, even though your cornea is now corrected to excellent vision.

In brief: No eye rubbing
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. John Jarstad
Ophthalmology
In brief: Have help
As one of the few eyemds who actually has had lasik i recommend thatvyou have someone you trust stay with you the first night after lasik or prk since your vision will likely be a little cloudy that first night after surgery.
I remember getting up to use my eye drops and not being able to read which bottle was which. The artificial tear lubricating drops help a lot so use plenty.

In brief: Have help
Dr. John Jarstad
Dr. John Jarstad