How old should I be to get lasik eye surgery done?

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Ophthalmology

In brief: 18 yrs of age

Usually lasik is performed on individuals 18 yrs or older with a stable refraction for at least 1 yr. If your vision is still changing, then you are not a good candidate for lasik and should wait until your prescription has stablized and remained so for at least 1 yr.

In brief: 18 yrs of age

Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. LINDA VARGAS
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Depends

Lasik can be considered at 18-20 years of age if your glasses prescription is stable.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: I recommend 21

Because by that age most everyone's eyes have stopped growing and changing.
Some will do as early as 18 but more likely to see a change and need it done again.

In brief: I recommend 21

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Marsha Davis