My bio mother had breast cancer at a young age, and my bio grandmother had ovarian cancer. Both passed from it. Prophylactic mastectomy an option?

Depends. If you are 18 years old, that is a very early age to be considering mastectomy surgery. It would be best to see your family doctor and get a referral to a genetic counselor for consideration of brca testing to see what your risks are. You may or may not have a higher risk of breast and/or ovarian cancers. Be checked first before considering the worst.
Genetic counseling. You should see a genetic counselor to assess your risk and to determine if genetic testing is appropriate for you.
Possibly. Brca 1 and 2 are genetic mutations that can be passed through families, and those affected have a higher than average risk of developing those kinds of cancers. Would recommend appointment with a genetic counselor and consider getting that test done. If positive, then you and your doctor can make a plan for higher intensity monitoring or prophylactic surgery.