How does a physician perform laser eye surgery?

See Below. Laser's are used in many different ways in ophthalmology. Lasik is done by using a laser to reshape the cornea. Other lasers are used on the retina, lens capsule, iris, trabecular meshwork and ciliary body for different diseases. These lasers are all different and vary in function depending on the use.
Certification/train. It requires training and certification. The ophthalmologist needs to be trained in different kinds of laser. Different type of lasers are used for different type of problems( diabetic, glaucoma, macular degenerations, bleeding) or treatments( laser vision correction).