How bad do your eyes have to be to get laser eye surgery?

It's not how bad... ... But more how badly you want it. Laser vision correction surgery may be beneficial if you need to wear glasses or contact lenses most of the time. You do not have to wait until your vision gets to a specific level before entertaining having the procedure. The lowest prescription most doctors will treat is about 0.5 to0.75 diopters (less than most people usually wear glasses for).
It depends. There is no specific threshold for laser vision correction. Some patients with low degrees of nearsightedness, astigmatism or farsightedness elect to undergo lasik, while others would not feel impaired with the same prescription. The accuracy of low treatment laser correction is quite high.