Is it possible for a macular degeneration patient to have an eye transplant?

No. The optic nerve that connects the eye to the brain cannot regenerate once you cut it so a transplanted eye would be blind. When people donate their eyes the only part usable is the cornea for a patient whose cornea has scarred up or got damaged.
Not really. There are no transplants available for the retina (macula) except in the experimental stage. Also stem cells are in the experimental phase for macular degeneration. For now, we have to wait for these therapies unless you are willing to enroll in a clinical trial. See your retina specialist to see if you're a candidate. Good luck.
Not possible. . There is no such thing as an eye transplant. At this time, only certain eye tissues can be transplanted, such as the cornea or sclera. There is no transplant treatment option for macular degeneration.