Is it painful to have lasik eye surgery?

No pain with LASIK. Before the lasik procedure, numbing drops are used so that there is no pain during surgery. My lasik patients receive a sedative and then go to sleep during their healing period postoperatively. By the time that they wake up from their nap 3-4 hours later, enough healing has happened that there is no discomfort. There can be a foreign body sensation if you do not sleep for a few hours.
No. Lasik is performed after administrating numbing drops. Patients feel some pressure during the creation of the flap. It is possible to have a scratchy, foreign body sensation for a couple of hours after surgery, which can be relieved with tylenol (acetaminophen). Most patients say it was so easy to go through that had they know that they would have had it sooner.
No. No. There is no pain before, during, or after lasik surgery. Sone irritation or scratchiness may be experienced for the fist 1-2 days postop.
LASIK does not hurt. The lasik process in of itself is not painful and most patients have no complaint of pain at any time. Some who do not fall asleep in the first few hours after their procedure do have some discomfort for a few hours, but it is mild and short-term.
Not like the past. Twenty years ago when i had my eyes treated it was about 11/10 for pain. Today by pretreating with non steroidal anti inflammatory drops ( like Motrin or Ibuprofen for the eye) along with other analgesics and (narcotics in rare cases) the pain is typically rated as no worse than 3/10 for the average patient. Your eyemd can provide soothing eyedrops for the first night or two also.