Can wisdom teeth removal cause facial paralysis?

No. The nerves that are at risk for damage are the inferior alveolar, lingual, and facial nerves. These are sensory nerves, not motor nerves. Which means that there are some risks of loss of sensation or parasthesia, although minor. Paralysis implies loss of motor function or movement. This isn't a risk for wisdom teeth removal.
Rarely. Sorry, i mistakenly thought the facial parasthesia when i anwered this question. Also, one of my patient did get paralysis after wisdom teeth extraction by my oral surgeon which made me think it is not uncommon. Other doctors are absolutely right, the mortor function is rarely, if not impossible, damaged by normal wisdom teeth extraction.
Not likely... Because the nerves supplying the facial muscles do not come anywhere near the wisdom teeth, facial paralysis is not generally considered to be a risk of wisdom tooth extraction. However, the lower wisdom teeth are often located very near to the nerve that supplies sensation to the lower lip and chin, so postoperative loss of sensation of variable duration is a risk of lower wisdom tooth extraction.